The Conners Continuous Performance Test 3rd Edition™ (Conners CPT 3™) is a task-oriented computerized assessment of attention-related problems in individuals aged 8 years and older. By indexing the respondent’s performance in areas of inattentiveness, impulsivity, sustained attention, and vigilance, the Conners CPT 3 can be useful to the process of diagnosing Attention-Deficit/Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD) and other neurological conditions related to attention. The Conners CPT 3 provides objective information about an individual’s performance in attention tasks, complementing information obtained from rating scales such as the Conners 3.
The Conners CPT 3 can be used in conjunction with the Conners Continuous Auditory Test of Attention™ (Conners CATA™) which assesses auditory processing and attention-related problems in individuals aged 8 years and older. The Conners CPT 3 and Conners CATA can be purchased as a combo kit or individually. Click here to learn more about the Conners CATA.
- A comprehensive evaluation with the introduction of an auditory attention test. Click here to learn more about the Conners CATA.
- Easy interpretation with new reports offering clear visuals and summaries. Click here to learn more about the Updated Reports.
- Trusted results with the most representative CPT normative samples collected. Click here to learn more about the Normative Sample.
- Diagnostic confidence with a refined measurement of attention. Click here to learn about Scoring.
New to the Conners CPT 3:
- Revised paradigm: New ratio of non-targets (the letter X) to targets (all other letters) to improve the test’s sensitivity to impulsivity problems.
- New and updated normative data:
- Consists of 1400 cases representative of the latest United States (U.S.) population census.
- Normative samples normed on a variety of computer models and operating systems.
- Enhanced look and feel of the program designed to reduce glare and reflection on computer or laptop monitors.
- New Scores and Score Dimensions of Attention Measured:
- Sustained Attention
- Vigilance (new)
- New easy to understand clinical likelihood statements are based on T-scores and displayed as very high, high, moderate, or minimal.
- New age range: Age 8+
How to Use the Assessment
During the 14-minute, 360-trial administration, respondents are required to push the spacebar when any letter, except “X”, appears.
Activation of the Conners CPT 3
The Conners CPT 3 is available as an unlimited use or pay-per-use program. The number of computers that can use the program is limited to the number of activations purchased. After activation, the number of users that can access the program is dependent on which of the following two editions is purchased. Single User Edition:
When the Conners CPT 3 is activated on a computer, the use of the Conners CPT 3 is limited to the user who was logged-in to the computer during activation.
New scores and scoring algorithm have been developed to help assessors pinpoint the exact nature of the respondent’s attention problems. The Conners CPT 3 uses both standardized and raw scores to determine not only the respondent’s performance overall but also in four different aspects of attention: Inattentiveness, Impulsivity, Sustained Attention and Vigilance. Back to the top