The UNIT 2 is designed to provide a fair assessment of intelligence for individuals who have speech, language, or hearing impairments; have different cultural or language backgrounds; or are verbally uncommunicative.
- All new normative sample
- All new studies of reliability and validity, including studies of diagnostic accuracy, particularly rigorous techniques involving the computation of sensitivity, specificity, and receiver operating characteristics/area under the curve (ROC/AUC)
- New upward extension of normative tables through age 21 years 11 months
- New quantitative subtests replace Object Memory and Mazes
- An entirely nonverbal stimulus-and-response administration format
- Abbreviated Battery, Standard Battery With Memory, Standard Battery Without Memory, and Full Scale Battery versions
- Provides a fair assessment of culturally and linguistically different examinees, including deaf and hard of hearing individuals