The TVPS-4 is the latest update of the standard comprehensive assessment of visual analysis and processing skills. It is used by many professionals, including occupational therapists, learning specialists, optometrists, and school psychologists.
- Remains an easy-to-use assessment for determining visual strengths and weaknesses.
- New lower-level items address the needs of younger or more impaired individuals.
- Normative data now extend through age 21 years.
- Now includes 18 items in each of seven perceptual areas.
- Still features black-and-white items presented in a multiple-choice format that requires minimal motor demand.
- Consistent with current methods of visual information processing used in occupational therapy and optometry. Also measures the following Cattell-Horn-Carroll theory narrow abilities: Visualization, Flexibility of Closure, Visual Memory, and Memory Span.