The Profile of Mood States Second Edition (POMS 2) instruments assess the mood states of individuals 13 years of age and older. A revision of the Profile of Mood States®, the self-report scales are a collection of tools that allow for the quick assessment of transient, fluctuating feelings and enduring affect states. This tool is applicable in clinical, medical, research, and athletic settings, where its sensitivity to change makes the assessment ideal for treatment monitoring and evaluation, as well as clinical trials.
- Established clinical and research utility
- Large normative samples representative of the U.S. population
- Updated adult norms that include norm groups for 18–29, 30–49, and 50+, as well as the option of a 60+ norm group
- A new youth version for individuals 13–17 years old
- Full-length and short versions available to suit varying assessor needs
- Flexible administration options—online and paper forms
- Easy administration, scoring, and interpretation of results