The Oral Passage Understanding Scale is a new measure of listening (auditory) comprehension. It evaluates a person's ability to listen to passages that are read aloud and recall information about them. This ability is key to success in the classroom, as well as in social and occupational settings. The OPUS also measures memory skills, which are integral to listening comprehension.
- Can be cohesively used with CASL-2 and OWLS-II
- Can be used to track improvement over time
- Can help answer referral questions e.g.. Can a student sufficiently understand and retain information heard in class?
- Can be used on its own anytime a measure of how well an individual understands orally presented information
- Also measures memory skills