The GORT-5 tests provide an objective measure of oral reading and growth for individuals between the ages of 6 and 23 years. Results aid in the diagnosis of oral reading difficulties, and can also be used to measure changes in oral reading over time.
- New normative data were collected from 2008-2010
- Norms were extended upwards to age 23 years, 11 months
- Basal and ceiling rules were streamlined to make administration easier and more efficient
- Comprehension questions were completely revised, and studies were provided to show that the items are passage dependent
- Reliability and validity studies were added
- The overall look of the test was updated