Assists teachers, parents, and clinicians in identifying autism in individuals and estimating its severity. Items on the GARS-3 are based on the 2013 diagnostic criteria for Autism Spectrum Disorder adopted by the APA and published in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders - Fifth Edition (DSM-5).
- Items and subscales reflect DSM-5 diagnostic criteria for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Forty-four new items were added to the GARS-3
- All six subscales have been empirically determined to be valid and sensitive for identification of children with ASD
- An interpretation guide in the Examiner's Manual provides the examiner an easy and efficient method for assessing the probability of Autism Spectrum Disorder and the severity of the disorder
- A diagnostic validation form is included for insuring that test results meet DSM-5 criteria for Autism Spectrum Disorder