The EQ-i:YV™ assesses emotional intelligence (EI) in youths aged 7-18. Based on the Emotional Quotient-Inventory (EQ-i®), the first scientifically validated and most widely used measure of EI, the EQ-i:YV is specifically designed to assess the coping skills, adaptability, and well-being of children and teenagers.
A growing body of research suggests that emotional intelligence is a key predictor of an individual's likelihood to succeed in life. Psychologists, school counselors, social workers, and psychiatrists can use the EQ-i:YV assessment to identify areas of strength and weakness, and to suggest appropriate training and remedial programs. Professionals can assist students in coping with demands at school that could lead to underachievement or the development of emotional and behavioral problems.
The EQ-i:YV is a unique integration of theoretical knowledge, empirical sophistication, and state-of-the-art psychometric techniques. The instrument is reliable and valid, and offers the user a number of important features including:
- A large normative base (n≅10 000)
- A correction factor that enables users to adjust for positive response bias
- Easy scoring and profiling of results with pencil-and-paper versions
- Instant scoring and repeat generation with software and web versions
- Excellent reliability and validity