An assessment of personality and symptomatic factors for treatment planning and monitoring. The Butcher Treatment Planning Inventory (BTPI) is designed to collect information about clients' symptoms, personality, and motivation that are relevant for treatment planning purproses. It is a self-report appropriate for individuals aged 18 and older.
- By assisting the therapist to tailor the treatment plan to the individual by assessing the individual's attitudes and behaviors the chance of success is increased
- BTPI provides you with an objective manner to gather and organize relevant personality and symptomatic variables
- Self-report information can be incorporated into the treatment process
- Empirically developed and validated instrument
- based on two traditions: psychotherapeutic intervention and objective personality assessment