How do you determine if a child’s performance on cognitive tests is reflective of maximum performance? The PdPVTS helps to answer this question with five digital and engaging performance validity tests (PVTs) simple enough to be completed successfully by even the most severely cognitively impaired individuals. The PdPVTS is the first ever digital suite of performance validity tests for youth that will add little time or effort to an evaluation for the significant benefit of knowing if interpretation of test scores is likely to be valid. It also allows for flexible administration as the five stand-alone tests can be individually-administered or used in combination.
The tests were designed to be inserted at various points throughout a full test battery to assess for maximum performance across time. Each test includes instructions to be read aloud by the examiner, a demo video, and practice items. The youth responds directly on the device, with the exception of the verbal test, where the youth responds aloud to examiner-read items. In less than 5 minutes, you can determine if a child’s score is reflective of maximum performance.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Flexible administration; 5 stand-alone tests that may be used individually or in combination
- Quick to complete; each test takes only 3–5 minutes to administer
- Measures performance validity throughout an evaluation
- Digital format makes it easy to use, portable, and engaging
- Large validation samples including: general population (N = 838), simulation (N = 300) and clinical (N = 487) samples
- Age-specific cut scores
- No limitations based on reading ability, as reading is not required by the youth
- Works online and offline
- Culturally neutral items
- Fair across a wide range of demographics (i.e., age, gender, race/ethnicity, and parental education level)
- Appropriate for children with visual, hearing, or motor impairments
- Designed for youth with youth
- Spanish version coming soon!