The new Test of Silent Contextual Reading Fluency–Second Edition (TOSCRF-2) is a measure of reading comprehension and general reading ability that can be administered to individuals or groups in a brief period of time,) is cost-effective, and is highly reliable and valid. The TOSCRF-2 is a quick and accurate method of assessing the silent general reading ability of students ranging in age from 7 years 0 months to 24 years 11 months. It has a test manual and four equivalent forms (A, B, C, D).
A companion to the Test of Silent Word Reading Fluency–Second Edition (TOSWRF-2), the TOSCRF-2 measures a student's essential contextual reading abilities (i.e., word identification, word meaning, word building, sentence structure, comprehension, and fluency).
Features and Benefits
- Ideal for universal screening and progress monitoring.
- Four equivalent forms measure reading comprehension and general reading ability.
- Normed on school- and college-age students.
- Three minutes to administer to individuals or groups.
- Minimal false positives and false negatives.
- New normative data were collected between 2009-2012.
- Co-normed with the TOSWRF-2 and TWS-5.
- Evidence for validity has been expanded to include studies by independent researchers as well as by the test authors.